CHILDREN’S FILM SOCIETY, INDIA
An Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India
Applications are invited for the post of ‘Festival Coordinator cum Programmer’ on Contract.
CFSI is a Government Organization committed to producing, distributing and exhibiting children’s films that are both entertaining and educative. CFSI organises an International Children Films Festival once every two years across the country.
We are looking for a creative, dynamic and committed professional to work in CFSI’s Festival Department. The incumbent is required to be highly creative and have experience in international children film festival management so as to take forward CFSI’s mandate of Promotion of quality cinema for children.
- Sourcing of children’s films (features, shorts, live action, animations, documentaries) for competitive as well as non-competitive sections. Ensuring quality and timely as per set deadlines by delivery of 300 children’s films preferably award winning for selection in competitive and non competitive sections as per our guidelines through effective and constant liaison & co-ordination with Directors/ Producers / agents in India and Abroad.
- For liaising with the film-maker/ producer/agents who are the rightful owners / licensees of the content , obtaining all necessary permission to screen the films at our festival. Obtain exhibition format (print / digi-beta/DVD) from the owner/licence holder.
- Organise preview committee meetings (including selection of members) for selection of films.
- Effective programming and scheduling of all screenings of the Festival.
- Selection and confirmation of Jury members for the festival.
- Provide inputs including creative for festival literature and promotional material like brochure, catalogue etc.
- Organise Press meet, forum, workshop on film related topics for children (from speakers to participants).
- Manage and co-ordinate with all staff and activities allotted under Festival (Coord cum Prog) in the Festival Department.
- Monitor, review and report on all Festival activities.
Period of Contract – 1st April to 30th November 2013
Application with bio-data to be addressed to The Chief Executive Officer, Children’s Film Society, India, 8th Floor, Films Division, 24, Dr. G. Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai-400026 by super-scribing the envelope mentioning the post applied for should reach within 15 days of publication of this advertisement. For further information please visit our website www.cfsindia.org.