Guidelines for Proposal Submission to CFSI
For producing Children's Content
(Features/ Shorts/ Live Action/ Animation/ Television Serial/ Documentary)
Feature film (Animation/Live Action) should be 75 to 90 minutes
Short film (Animation/Live Action) should not exceed 30 minutes
TV Serial (Animation/Live Action) should have 26 episodes and each episode should be 23 minutes
Content of film/TV serial can be in any of the 23 Indian languages recognized by GOI
Features/ Shorts: Digital -2K, 4K;
T.V Serial: Digital Beta/DVCam/HDCam/2K DVCPRO-50
For practical purpose, all proposals should be submitted in Hindi & or English only.
The proposal must be approved at various stages before final sanction of the project.
STAGE 1 (Synopsis Submission by applicant)
CFSI accepts applications throughout the year on a rolling basis. There is no deadline for Synopsis Submission.
1. CFSI accepts application only from Director/ Executive Producer of the proposed film / serial. Director of the film can be treated as its Executive Producer. In case, the proposal is being submitted by Production Company as Executive Producer, it is essential to get a Confirmation Letter from the proposed Director that he/she intends to direct the proposed film.
2. Proposal should be submitted with the following essentials:-
- Form-I (Ten Copies)
- Synopsis and Treatment Note (Ten Copies)
For Live Action Feature/ short: Synopsis with Treatment Note, not more than Seven pages in Hindi / English
For Television Serial of minimum 26 episodes: Synopsis & Treatment Note of entire serial in not more than Seven pages strictly & detailed synopsis of two episodes in one page each.
For Animation Feature/Short: Synopsis with Treatment note, five pages in Hindi/English along with stills of proposed visual style, sketches of main characters.
- Director's Bio-data (Ten Copies)
- Synopsis Registration (One Copy)
Synopsis must be registered with concerned Film & TV Associations
- NOC and Agreement with Author/ Publisher
If the concept/story/synopsis/theme/ idea is adapted from any Published/Unpublished Book NOC and Agreement/consent of the author & publisher may be submitted after it is approved by CFSI and before Agreement of film production is executed.
- Show-reel/ previous work of Director in one DVD- region free-playable in all type of dvd players.
You are advised to submit previous work executed by you, if submitting proposal for live action; Previous animation work executed by you or your portfolio, if submitting proposal for animation.
- Processing Fee Non-Refundable in Demand Draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favor of Children’s Film Society, India
STAGE 2 (Script & Budget Submission)
Synopsis is evaluated by CFSI Script Committee. If and Only if the Script Committee approves the synopsis on majority basis, applicants are asked to personally come and narrate the storyline-shooting script of the film in front of the committee. Once the committee agrees to take this ahead, script/screenplay and budget for the proposed film is required for submission strictly within 60 days from the date of intimation.
- Submission of Synopsis, if revised & Screenplay in Hindi/English only & Roman Hindi will not be accepted (Ten Copies)
- Submission of Synopsis, if revised & Story Board- sketches (rough) along with script in case of animation (Ten Copies)
- Submission of Main Cast and Crew names and their profiles/bio’s (Ten Copies)
- Submission of Detailed Budget with itemized breakdown (Ten Copies)
STAGE 3 (Interaction with Director)
If and only if CFSI Script Committee approves the script and the budget reviewed and approved by CFSI Assessment Committee, the director is called for personal interaction with Script Committee. The Script Committee evaluates the director’s capacity to execute the film according to the vision of the script only after submission of the Pilot- Dry run* in DVD format or PENDRIVE (USB) of one scene of the approved script. The final assessment and decision will be evaluated based on this and the caliber to direct and handle actors will be judged based on this.
After approval of the script, the budget is evaluated by the Assessment Committee and the Director’s Pilot-Dry run* by Script Committee. The proposal thereafter is sent to CFSI Executive Council for final sanction. Final approval of the Proposal is vested with the Executive Council. Decision of CFSI will be final and binding.
If the proposal gets rejected and the concerned Director/Executive Producer reworks on it and submits a better innovative proposal which the Script committee finds it suitable; the project may be then given an opportunity for reconsideration.
PS. CFSI receives applications from film-makers across the country. As in other competitive processes, only a limited number of proposals get final sanction.
* Pilot-Dry run – Film maker can shoot Scene with good resolution camera or smart phone/s or handy cam.
SIGNING OF FINAL AGREEMENT
CFSI will sign agreement only with Director/ Executive Producer (EP) of film. As Commissioning Authority of film/TV serial that CFSI funds, CFSI will be deemed as 'PRODUCER' and all IP (Intellectual Property) rights belongs to CFSI exclusively. All rights of the said Film/ TV /Web Serial commissioned by CFSI will be vested with 'PRODUCER'.
After signing the agreement, Director/EP needs to insure (CFSI as beneficiary) of the entire film, right from the first day of Principal photography till the delivery of the final materials to CFSI. Director/EP needs to make sure while working with child artists that the total duration of the shoot should not exceed more than five hours per shift/day. CFSI will provide sanctioned amount to the Director/EP as follows:
- Amount 1: 20% of the Contract amount strictly against submission of Bank Guarantee of 20% of the total budget. The validity of Bank Guarantee has to be in force till the final stage of approval as Mandatory.
- Amount 2: 30% of the contract amount against pre-production work viz: actual commencement of shooting advances/signing amount to the various parties/crew members is required. Further, submission & scrutiny by CFSI of vouchers, contracts, bills against release of (a) Amount 1 of 20% amount are necessary.
- Amount 3: 30% of the Contract amount on approval of Rough-cut and hypothecation of entire material in the prescribed “Form” to the CEO, CFSI. Further, submission & scrutiny by CFSI of vouchers, contracts, bills against release of (b) Amount 2 of 30% amount are necessary.
- Amount 4: The balance 20% after delivery of the film duly certified by the Censor Board and acceptance of the entire final deliverables mentioned in Annex-1 . Further, submission & scrutiny by CFSI of vouchers, contracts, bills against release of (c) Amount 3 of 30% amount are necessary.
Please note that CFSI will retain the right to stop payment towards the project if the rough cut does not meet the satisfaction and approval of CFSI and questions are raised about the workmanship of the Director/Executive Producer.
* List of materials to be delivered to CFSI on Final completion of film / Format
- Final output in DPX files in linear format of the entire final film / DPX
- Final one separate DCP J2k files with KDM Clean (without English sub titles) / DCP
- Final one separate DCP J2k files - without KDM Clean / DCP
- Final one separate DCP J2k files with English subtitles with KDM / DCP
- Final one separate DCP J2k files with English subtitles and without KDM / DCP
- HD mov.files -APPLE PRORES- 4:4:4 ,1920X 1080 - 24 fps & 25 fps of final film in ONE Hard Drive without & With English subtitles (For both types: Pl. use DPX source) / HD
- Final films in PAL- DVC Pro formats - with English subtitles / DVC Pro
- Final films in PAL- DVC Pro formats - Clean / DVC Pro
- Final films in PAL- D5 formats – with English subtitles / D5
- Final films in PAL- D5 formats – Clean / D5
- Final films in PAL- HDCAM-SR formats – with English subtitles / HDSR
- Final films in PAL- HDCAM-SR formats – Clean / HDSR
- Two region free Final Master -Blu-ray EST 'on/off'-option / 2 Blu-rays
- If the titles are ‘superimposed’ the uncompressed TIFF files and or DPX files of backgrounds of entire title sequences. / DPX
- Hard Drives of entire Sound Tracks – Final Mixed / HD
- Hard Drives of entire Sound Tracks – Songs Mixed, if any / HD
- Hard Drives of entire Sound Tracks – Songs-back ground music ,if any / HD
- Hard Drives of entire Sound Tracks – International Tracks-5.1/7.1 / HD
- Separate DVD in WAV files of entire Sound Tracks – Final Mixed 5.1/7.1 / DVD
- Separate DVD in WAV files of entire Sound Tracks – Songs Mixed, if any / DVD
- Separate DVD in WAV files of entire Sound Tracks – Songs -back ground music, if any / DVD
- Separate DVD in WAV files of entire Sound Tracks – International Tracks-5.1/7.1 / DVD
- All Songs - in WAVE files as well as in video PAL formats, if any / DVD
- DVD 5 & 9 of the full film/without watermark/PAL- EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- DVD 5 & 9 of the full film /with watermark/PAL- EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- DVD 5 & 9 of the full film /without watermark/NTSC- EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- DVD 5 & 9 of the full film /with watermark/NTSC- EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- DVD 5 & 9 of the full film/without watermark/PAL/Clean(without EST) / DVD
- One Promo 30 seconds, of the film in separate DVD 5 PAL EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- One Trailer of 1 min.20 sec of the film in separate DVD 5 -PAL EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- One Promo 30 seconds, of the film in separate DVD 5 -NTSC EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- One Trailer of 1 min.20 sec of the film in separate DVD 5 -NTSC EST 'on/off'-option / DVD
- Promo & Trailer of the film in one HD –PAL & NTSC with and without EST / HD
- Publicity material : One – DVD & Hard Drive consist of Poster Design duly approved by CFSI as open file (psd ), Promo, Trailer, brief synopsis, 100 wards synopsis, Director’s Main Technicians’ brief bio-data with one photograph of each. Maximum stills in 300 DPI Color in JPEG for a relevant to the Scenes of the film & Working Stills for promotional purpose. / DVD & HD
- Final Censor Scripts, Credit Titles, Synopsis, Song’s lyrics with footage marked as specified by the CBFC in 8 copies. (One copy should be Well bound to submit to CBFC along with Application for certification of the film & 7 spiral bound) / Hard Copies, DVD & Hard Drive
- Text- English translation of the dialogues & English Subtitle Spotting Text as required for subtitling in Word format & ASCII format. / Hard Copies, DVD & Hard Drive
All DVDS/BLU-RAY discs should be scratch guarded only